Thursday, January 3, 2008

"Quickening"

For those of you who don't know what "quickening" is, here is a helpful definition from dictionary.com:

quickening (n).
The initial signs of fetal life felt by the mother as a result of the movements by the fetus.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical DictionaryCopyright © 2002, 2001

Over the past week, I have been feeling this baby move with increasing frequency and intensity, and all of a sudden today I have felt like I'm the host of a professional boxing tournament.

JAB, jabjab, Jab, Uppercut, POW!

Which brings me to definition number two:

quickening (n).
the act of accelerating; increasing the speed [syn:
acceleration]
WordNet® 3.0, © 2006 by Princeton University.


What has made the difference over the last 24 hours? See above. Apparently I've got a little speed demon on my hands.

(must have been the raisin bran I (we) had for breakfast).

0 comments: