Monday, January 28, 2008

IT'S A....



So, I am absolutely ecstatic! Just think of all the girly things I get to make and shop for! This is going to be so great. Of course, Joel and I are pretty much starting from scratch on girl names (seeing as we had three viable boy name options), but it will be fun to find one together. Any suggestions?

The Ultrasound Technician said "well, I'm pretty sure it's a girl", and I thought to myself that that definitely was not good enough for me to go on for the rest of my pregnancy. Can you imagine announcing that it is a girl and then having a little boy be born and be completely unprepared? Not to mention all the girl stuff you have to try to take back/exchange. What a mess.

So I said to her, "well, really? I thought for sure it was a boy" in the hopes that she would look again. That is exactly what she did and she ended up positive about the sex of our baby-to-be.

I would talk more, but I need to whip out the ol' baby name book and get cracking. The way Joel and I have been agreeing on names lately, it will take us the entire pregnancy to find one we both like!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

A Girl, that's awesome. Congrats guys!!!

Natalie Sue said...

YAY! Congratulations, that is sooo exciting... Can we play matchmaker when my boy and your girl are 21? That would be fun, huh!
How fun that you get to shop for cute little girl things. I'm soooo excited for you!

Jessica Brown said...

Congradulations Elise! The same thing happened to me in my ultra sound. The girl doing it was like "Um, I think its a girl" and I said as politely as I possibly could "We can wait until your sure". Hey when you only get one free ultra sound your whole pregnancy you gotta know for sure! Congradulations Elise! Girls are so much fun!
P.S. Jessica is a really great option for a girls name. . .:)