I've decided as of late that Everett would have made a fantastic Revolutionary Soldier. No, this is not because of his solid build; it is due to his fierce sense of and need for independence (not to mention the protesting growls he gives me when I don't let him exert any).
On Saturday I was having a lovely tuna fish sandwich, and I was excited about this particular sandwich because it was hitting the exact hunger spot I had hoped (pregnancy food aversions are a pain). Everett seemed to think it looked good, and was begging me for some bites, which I happily gave him. This wasn't enough, though. He just had to hold the sandwich for himself, no ifs ands or buts about it. Obviously I wasn't going to let this happen, because my sandwich would turn into a soggy pile of unrecognizable goo if he handled it, and you can see how appetizing that would be.
In the end, I won, but not without Everett throwing giant tantrum. He threw himself on the floor, sobbing his angry cries. I finished my sandwich and let him have it out, but for the first time in his life, he was very MAD at me!
When Joel came to pick him up, Everett was still angry and so he refused to look at me. I kept trying to make faces to keep his attention, but all I got was quick glances before he would whip his face to the opposite direction. Eventually I became silly enough to make him smile, but before the smile grew he would turn his head again.
What a funny boy. He is getting more and more independent every day.
Pucker Up
4 days ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment