Friday, January 11, 2008

Random Thoughts

1. I am into the second trimester now of this pregnancy, and I am still so stinking tired! Isn't this supposed to be getting better? I tried "taking away" my naps last week, but by the time I got to about 6 pm, boy, you did not want to mess with me. Two hours later and I was walking around in various states of dillusional, muttering things like "where is it? I know it's got to be here somewhere. Joel, why are you hiding this from me?". Problem was, I had no idea what I was even looking for.

Yes. So naps are back in play, at least for the next litte while.

2. Everett is very sweet (not that I've ever said that before). He loves looking out the window doors to our balcony and seeing what is out there. We have curtains and he'll go between the curtain and the window, sit down, and just talk at whatever is out there.

3. A few days ago, since we've been having such good weather, I took Everett to the playground and let him wander around and try to climb on things for the first time. At first he didn't really know what to do but after a few minutes he was loving every minute. He picked up a couple of the bark chips that were on the ground for cushioning and carried them around with him the whole time. When it was time to go home and I tried to take them away, he threw a FIT. So I let him take one home with him (so he sat in the stroller, clutching his little bark chip the whole way home). Funny little guy.

4. I recently read a statistic that they (whoever "they" are) polled people in 23 countries, including the US, and found that live-in boyfriends do far, far more housework than husbands. It didn't really surprise me once I thought about it, but I thought it was a funny statistic nonetheless.

1 comments:

Natalie Sue said...

Fabulous random thoughts. You are such a good writer. I think pregnancy is much more tiring when you are taking care of another little one. Everett is so sweet. I love the stories about him. And I believe that funny poll about boyfriends. Although, I'm pretty lucky... Ladd does a lot of the housework...