Everett showed me today that even though (for some reason) he doesn't talk yet, he can definitely communicate extremely well.
This morning I was using the computer for a couple of minutes, and Everett apparently decided that what he really wanted was a snack. All of a sudden, I had a yelling toddler next to me who was grabbing my arm and demanding my attention. The moment I looked at him he let go of me, pointed to the kitchen, and beckoned me to follow him.
When we got in the kitchen he made the sign for milk (his favorite food) and hurried on over to the refrigerator where he tried to pry the door open with his little stubby fingers.
Of course after all this I couldn't refuse, so I put some in his sippy cup and he enjoyed it (as well as the milk beard that followed) for the next little while.
In a way all of this has made my life much easier because he uses this charade-style of communication to ask for many, many things. No more guessing for me! He also will point at the food he wants (his latest craze is a peanut butter sandwich).
Pucker Up
4 days ago
1 comments:
Oh that is great. I love watching their little personalities and how they try to figure out how to communicate!
Post a Comment