Yesterday was our first day at home without Joel for 12+ hours. I have been interested in seeing how our schedule is going to work, so it was nice to start figuring it out. We went on a walk in the morning, and I had Ashley in the snugli so of course she slept the whole time. That girl absolutely loves that thing. Everett was in the stroller, and was happy in there the whole time. I took him to the pond so he could get out and splash with sticks in the water. I thought I would have to fight him to get back in but he willingly climbed in and waited for me to buckle him up. What a good boy! Then, he has been sick so when we came home he took a morning nap.
I was excited because I thought that meant I could lay down for a while, too, but Ashley would not have it. That girl was fussy and crying all day long, even when I was holding her. It was a little tricky trying to figure out what she needed. I love that I have the opportunity to get to know her, but I think sometimes it would be easier if babies were born with their own personalized instruction manual. I never had a problem with foods I ate affecting Everett while I was nursing him, but I wonder if something upset her stomach yesterday. I will have to take notice of what I'm eating this time around. Does anyone know if pineapple could be the culprit?
Everett got very little personal attention from me yesterday, yet he was an absolute delight all day long. He kept doing things to make me laugh, and he was happy to help out with Ashley by being my little go-fer. I am glad he knows the difference between his diapers and Ashley's.
Joel called me on the way home and asked how my day was, and I told him that it was really good. I let him know that the best I can expect is that one of my children is having a good day. I figure it would be too much to ask that they are both happy at the same time. Whether this is pessimistic or not, I don't know, but I do know that if they are happy at the same time I will be pleasantly surprised rather than thinking, "finally!". So, even though Ashley was very cranky and crying all day long, I feel like yesterday was a success because Everett was so happy.
Also, I think I am going to get a lot of use out of the snugli. I bought it when Everett was born because I thought I would use it so much with him, but I didn't. I think I have used it more with Ashley so far than I have ever used it with him. I think it will be a staple for me when we're running errands, too, because she is not always happy in her carseat. Yesterday I was even able to clean out my closet because I could have her in the snugli.
Anyway, I did get a short break yesterday in the early afternoon when she finally fell asleep. I had her on her belly on my nursing pillow on my lap, rubbing her back in the hopes that I could get her to feel better. She zonked out, and that is how she stayed for the next 45 minutes or so. I was very relieved, to say the least! Life is just easier without a crying baby in my lap.
3 comments:
Oh, she is so cute! I'm glad to hear that Everett is doing so well and happy! Hey, it's awesome that you can ask him to get the diapers for you! I don't have that, darn it. I'm sorry that Ashley has been cranky.. I think it is so hard to figure out if and what we eat affects them. Jayden was never affected, but I think Ethan hates chocolate. And I haven't dared tried broccoli, onions, or garlic. I'd rather not risk it, although I do miss broccoli. Anyway, I'm glad to hear your day went well. And I do think it is success when at least one child is happy. It's really hard when they are both fussy... I can handle one, not both. So yay!
That is a precious picture...she looks like a little doll!
That's a sweet picture. I'm glad she settled down for a little bit at least!
Post a Comment