Saturday, July 12, 2008

Water Babies


Yesterday was a nice, warm day so Joel and I decided to take the kids to the pool. Joel went in the morning to get our pool and tennis passes which I was really excited about because for only 15 dollars per adult we can use any of the pools or tennis courts in our city all season long.

The pool we went to had a large kiddie wading pool that went from 0-3 feet, plus a bunch of water fountains. The best part (for Everett, anyway) was that they also had a large sand pit. He was really excited to play in there and would have been happy to only do that. It was fun to watch him, but I had to brush aside my willies about all of the animals (and humans) who have made "extra deposits" in the public sand pit over time. My only consolation was that at least the pool had chlorine in it...which should kill some of the germs, right? Ashley stayed in the snuglie the whole time, which was fine because I only wanted to dip my feet in the water. She is too little to get any fun out of being in an un-heated pool, anyway.

So here are lots of pictures for you Grandparents, Aunts, and Uncles who haven't gotten to be here for these things (until a few weeks from now, anyway). Maybe sometime you can see all this in person!





Then we asked, "Everett, do you want to go back in the water?"

This is the look we got in return...

But, we got him back in the pool and enjoying the water anyway.

And tonight Ashley had her very first bath (since her cord stump fell off yesterday). It is always fun to see how (some) babies relax and enjoy the warm water. She certainly did.

Look how long her hair is getting! I wasn't trying to hold it out in this picture but that is what ended up happening. I am excited to see how quickly it will grow.

3 comments:

Tori said...

She's so pretty and her hair is so long! Katrina's is probably exactly the length it was when she was born. And she hates baths! I love the pictures of Ashley in the bath and Everett enjoying the pool.

Natalie Sue said...

So Cute! Looks like so much fun! I love the pictures. What a great time. Your kids are adorable.

R said...

I love the crusty Everett gave about the pool