Monday, July 14, 2008

RIP

I am sad to report the passing of our two-a-day naptimes.

Everett has enjoyed a morning and an afternoon nap for a long time and until recently has shown no sign of giving up either. He is a boy who loves his sleep.

Obviously this has benefited me in numerous ways. I love being a mother but sometimes a break is nice, and two per day is even nicer.

But.

The past couple of days Everett hasn't really seemed to need his morning nap. In the back of my mind, I secretly hoped that he would be grumpy or show a similar sign of outright fatigue, but no such luck. He was happy and chipper and anxious to play all day until his afternoon nap.

I knew this time would come, and by all accounts it should have come much sooner than this (he is approaching the 2 year mark after all), but I am still a little disappointed to see my two daily breaks coming to an end.

Some days he still needs a morning nap, but I know these will become less and less frequent.

I suppose this is all ok. It sure simplifies running errands...just in time for us to have a newborn around here to complicate things back up again!

2 comments:

Natalie Sue said...

Wow, you are lucky you got that far! Jayden is only taking one nap already.. maybe for about a month now. BUT, the good thing you might find is that the afternoon nap is REALLY long.. like 3 hours. It's heaven!

Chelsea and gang said...

Oh Elise I bet you are dying!! I hope you are getting some sleep! So can I get your address? I want to send you a baby announcement!