It has been a few days since I've written, so I thought I might as well post something today to keep the ball rolling, so to speak. No promises on anything being entertaining or interesting since I'm just planning on writing what occurs to me at the moment.
Next week we are blessing Ashley! I'm very excited. When my Mother was out staying with us a couple of weeks ago, she and I went to the fabric store to buy material for a blanket (which turned out beautifully), and while we were there I found a pattern and material for a little blessing dress. I have it all cut out and ready to sew, and I am very excited to get started on it. I wanted to wait until closer to the blessing day to get it done because I didn't know how much she would grow. Seeing as she is just starting to fit into the newborn size clothes we have for her, I think I'm going to have to make the dress pretty small (but large enough that it will also fit her in a few months). It is going to be out of a pretty white eyelet fabric and it will have a ribbon sash (I still have to decide what color, but I'm thinking a very very pale yellow). Of course I'll "have" to make a bow to go with it...
Everett is doing well and is finally getting over this cold he's been having, which is good. Hopefully both kids will be well and feeling back to normal in a couple of days. Last night Ashley woke up sneezing fitfully because her nose was so congested (even though I've been using saline drops and a bulb syringe on her pretty frequently).
Tomorrow Joel goes back to work...so it will be interesting to see what our "real" schedule is going to look like (and feel like). He hasn't been for about a month because he has been on paternity leave, so he is going to have to adjust to working a full day as well! I have been really glad to have him home because he can take Everett and go somewhere to leave Ashley and me home to rest. One thing I am going to have to figure out is our walks. Everett enjoys walking around by himself much more than sitting in the stroller (which is usually fine with me because I like him to get his energy out), but if I want the exercise then it is better for me if he is in the stroller. I think I am going to have to committ to getting up early and going running before Joel leaves for work, because I do need the exercise.
No, I haven't fully committed to that idea yet. Yes, I think it is worth a shot.
Yes, I know it will be short-lived. But I think it is worth trying so I can say I did.
Also, in a week (well, a little less), my family will be out here, ready to move in to the Bethesda townhouse they signed a lease for. It will be really fun to have them out here and to let them get to know Ashley. Also, since my sister is leaving for the MTC (and later to Taiwan) in September, I will really enjoy having her out here so we can spend the last few months together. Do you hear that, Amanda? You'd better schedule some Elise time.
Well, that's about it except that we're trying to teach Everett how to do a somersault. So far he thinks it is really fun when we help him do it but he doesn't want to do it by himself. He is kind of young, but it is fun to start teaching him new things like this. He sure likes moving around.
Mr. Robot
17 hours ago
1 comments:
Elise, I am so impressed with you! You are making her outfit?! I can't wait to see it! Ethan will be blessed this Sunday too.. maybe it's a sign.. we'll have to set them up on a date when they are 21. :)
Post a Comment