Today we blessed Ashley. She was born one month ago on this day, and it was a nice way to celebrate counting her age in months rather than weeks. My family was able to attend given that they are moving into their townhouse nearby sometime this week. They are excited to be here, especially because it is only for one year so they know they can eventually go back to their "regular" lives and just have fun in the meantime. Plus, they get to be close enough to visit us frequently and get to know the grandkids again.
Here are some pictures from the day. I had fun making Ashley's dress but I couldn't figure out the buttonhole feature on my sewing machine (it would stop before it had completed a few stitches). So, even though you don't see it, Ashley's dress is staying shut by virtue of two shiny metal safety pins. We're just fancy like that these days.
If you don't know who is in this picture, I don't know why you're reading this blog!
Three generations of Burton women, right here. You never know though, Ashley may take more after the Johnsons.

I didn't tack down the sash in the front of the dress and regretted it...especially after looking at some of these photos. And I wanted to re-sew a smaller flower on the headband but I didn't have time. C'est la vie.
My flash did something funny with the lighting in this picture but I thought it was cute anyway. I know I'm more than biased, but I think I have a pretty baby.

6 comments:
I think you have a VERY pretty baby. Her lips are so cute! Well, all of her is cute, but especially her lips in that last photo. I can't believe how grown up Maddie looks in those pictures, and of course, Amanda is going on a mission (crazy! and cool!). You look great too, by the way. I have no idea if your stomach is as lumpy as I think mine is, but if so, your clothes mask it wonderfully.
We'll have to get together sometime. I know we'll be going down to the temple sometime in September, and we'll have to alternate doing sessions, so maybe I can come see you while Adam is in a session. That would be so fun to see each other and our babies.
Oh, and you did an amazing job on her dress, which is adorable.
Her dress is so cute!! i can't believe you made that- oh yeah and she is very cute as well! congrats!
You have such a gorgeous baby! And you guys look so great. Elise I am so impressed with your domestic abilities! I think being the second youngest in a family of ten left my mom a little tired, so I never learned how to sew! But that dress is darling! Way to go. And so fun that your family is out there.
Cute dress! Beautiful family! Congrats!
She is absolutey gorgeous! I'm so impressed with the dress! What a beautiful day, huh. Oh, I love these days!
Post a Comment