We haven't been up to a whole lot around here during this past week, which may be the reason I have gone the longest between posts yet.
On second thought, I guess there have been some interesting things happening. For one, my family moved into a lovely townhome just outside of DC and not too far from us. After a few days without any of their furniture or kitchenware, I think they are glad to finally have their stuff and be settled in. Or at least my Mom is. The others wouldn't know--they hightailed it out of there on Saturday to head to Disneyland for a few days.
Joel left tonight to go to a week long training in Atlanta for his job. You can bet I was not happy about that, especially since they (his supervisors) have made him work late during this past week and even come in for a full day on Saturday. I was ready to send them some hate mail, boldly broadcasting the fact that they are making him work so much right before he is leaving his wife, toddler son, and newborn daughter for one whole week. The last time he went to training, I flew out to Utah for a visit. This time we're sticking around home, so I'm eagerly searching for projects to occupy my time. This may explain why I can't seem to get off the computer tonight. After years of sleeping in a bed by myself, somehow it just doesn't seem appealing to me anymore.
Also, this whole trip has made me uncharacteristically weepy over the past couple of days. I'm blaming it all on post-partum hormones. Women, you know what I'm talking about. I was brave today though and held it in because Joel felt bad enough about leaving without seeing his wife get all misty-eyed on him. It took some teeth-clenching and thought-avoidance, but I was able to do it.
Before I ramble even more (I have no adults to talk to, ok?), I'll cap it all off with some recent photos. This is what we've been up to lately:
The Aunts, Uncles, and Grandparents are getting to know their niece and nephew. Pictured is my little (sigh) brother asleep on the couch. There is something special about holding a sleeping newborn on your chest, even for a fifteen-year-old...teenage...guy.
Hmmm.
Neither do I.
I wonder what....
Oh. I see.
See that hopeful expression? If I were to refuse, you'd see the complete opposite. Plus a healthy amount of anger. And a thrown plate.
But I refused anyway. What a mean mother I am.
(p.s. I know Everett is in the foreground of the picture, but feel free to note the size difference in my children's legs. Thank you. That is all.)
But I'm sure this happens to most of you often....well, at least sometimes...right?....oh, never mind.
Did I tell you that we got Everett's IQ tested and it was 167? And 17/25ths?
I didn't? Oh. Well, we did. So we got him some glasses to match.
Do they make him look smarter or like he only has half of his eyes intact?
2 comments:
Everett looks so smart with those glasses! I'm sure he gets his smarts from his Mama!
I'm so sorry you have to be alone this week with two kids! Whenever Jaron has to do field work and be gone awhile I get so lonely too. My solution is checking out lots and lots of books from the library to occupy the lonely nights. Hang in there.
I still think you should send the hate mail. If nothing else, it might make you feel better!
Elise, you are hilarious! How can you make each and every post so fun and so real! I love reading your blog. I'm so sorry that Joel left! AH, that's awful. Sometimes I still cry when Ladd leaves for work for the DAY! You are strong!
That is so cute that Everett likes to interact with Ashley like that. It's adorable!
Post a Comment