Saturday, August 9, 2008

When I was pregnant with Ashley, there was one treat I always craved.

Dark Chocolate.

I have been a milk-chocolate-person my whole life, usually snubbing the more concentrated dark variety in favor of a lighter taste.

But.

I am now permanently converted to the darker side of things. At this very moment I am working on an ounce or two of a bar that is over 75% pure chocolate.

The best thing about this whole arrangement is the recent studies showing that consuming dark chocolate on a daily basis provides good health benefits (some that you can't get anywhere else).

Whether you're a skeptic or you'd like to know about a good excuse to eat good chocolate (or you just want something interesting to read), take a look at this article from webmd.com. It talks about a study that was done involving a group of people who ate chocolate every day containing the natural flavanoids, and a control group who ate them with the flavanoids removed. It's very interesting.

I would be concerned with convicing Joel that dark chocolate is the way to go...but then I'd always have to share. And we all know this is not the time or the place for that, now, don't we?

1 comments:

Natalie Sue said...

oooooooooo chocolate! I want some! But I haven't made the switch to dark chocolate yet. But no form of chocolate is allowed in my house right now, so I have a very sad hubby. Although we have some left over chocolate chips that I let him it. Those aren't too tempting to me.