Friday, August 22, 2008

New Outfit

Everet was sick enough last night that I thought I would let him wear a new outfit as a reward for being so pitiful.

It was in very good taste--a loose cotton with two bright yellow ties in the back, complete with a patterning of sleeping tigers all over the fabric.

Pretty special, huh?

Oh, and I should also make mention of the fact that we love him so much we thought he deserved a one night stay in the most expensive kind of room he'll ever sleep in.

Curious? It's at a place called Reston Hospital, if you'd like to check it out yourself (but don't order the lentil soup).

Yep, that's right! We let Everett be waited on hand and foot, and he never even had to leave his bed. What nice parents we are.

The entire time the doctors would keep our interest with phrases like, "acute respiratory distress"...."retraction of the chest"...."low oxygen count".

Honestly, it kept me on the edge of my proverbial seat. It was the most exciting night I have had in a long time.

BUT,

Before I give more details I should get some sleep. Seeing as I got less than two hours of sleep last night, plus a short nap this afternoon, and have been hit with some sort of nasty respiratory bug myself,

I'd better wait until tomorrow when I can string more than two words together at a time.

On that note...Tune in next time for the very exciting saga entitled "Everett, his lungs, and the thousand-dollar-room."

(In the meantime please cross your fingers with me that we don't end up having a sequel featuring Ashley.)

2 comments:

Tori said...

I'm glad you played it safe and took him to the hospital. It sounds like he definitely needed it. Good luck recovering and I hope you all feel better soon and that his problems weren't too serious!

queenie said...

Oh Elise I am so sorry! Hope that it doesn't get passed on to Ashley and Ev gets over it quickly.