This morning Everett had a case of the sniffles.
This afternoon Everett had a case of the sniffles and a sore throat.
This evening Everett had a case of the sniffles, sore throat, coughs, and fever.
Then I put him to bed early, went to Walmart, and came home.
After I came home, I found him pathetically draped over his giant stuffed doggie, both of them on the couch watching 101 Dalmations....
....with the case of the sniffles, sore throat, coughs, fever, and very labored breathing.
I was fine with all of that other stuff until the labored breathing decided to manifest itself (thankyouverymuch). Now I just have to decide whether he is sick enough to warrant a visit to Urgent Care. But, seeing as he has now fallen asleep on the couch next to me and his color is very good, I think I'll wait.
But waiting is the hard part when his lungs sound like he has been running a marathon with a bad case of bronchitis.
My poor baby. I am tough enough on myself when I get sick that most of the time I don't bother telling anyone...but when it is my little boy it is harder to not dwell on it. Sometimes I wish he could talk to me enough to answer all the symptomatic questions I'm dying to ask him.
And then there's the fact that I am in a battle with myself over keeping him home or going to the doctor's office only to hear exactly what I knew I would: "It's just a virus (or "I'm not sure what's wrong"). If it's still there in a few days, bring him back. Oh, and that will be 20 dollars, please (200-something if we didn't have insurance)."
It's a good thing I don't tend to get too worked up over illness--I'm a big fan of trusting my instincts.
Oh, well, he's awake now. If I don't go sit by him he will start to get upset again. Poor guy!
Pucker Up
4 days ago
4 comments:
Poor guy...I wonder if there was something going around nursery because Ella came down with something earlier this week (but not to the same degree). I'm so like you when it comes to the doctor...I hate being told that it's nothing big and we just need to wait it out & then I have to pay them for that complicated medical explanation. So frustrating!
I agree about the doctor, I paid him today for a follow-up visit where he basically said, try this medicine, I have no idea if it will work. Gee thanks.
I hope he feels better soon!
You guys have hit the wringer with colds this summer. I am so sorry! (I guess there is a plus to having a toddler that hates nursery.) Hope he is feeling better.
Post a Comment