Monday, September 14, 2009

Announcing. . .

The arrival of our new baby!

Isn't he cute? This two-year-old has recently had quite a fascination with babies. He notices them everywhere we go and points them out to me with pleasure. Why he pronounces the word baby like "bee" but can say "amazing" almost perfectly is beyond me, but I take what I can get. He also has wanted to be wrapped as a baby, always in the same cars and trucks comforter.

My other baby, Ashley, is getting to be less baby-ish every day. She is almost fifteen months old and is becoming quite a nuisance in church. She can make it through Sacrament meeting pretty well but poor Joel spends the remainder of Church roaming the halls. Unfortunately I am out in the halls pretty often as well, so when Ashley sees me she is less than happy with me not being able to hold her.

Aren't these cute? I found these second hand for three dollars. Ashley needed some new church shoes pretty badly so I found some girly ones. They are too girly for Joel, but I told him that when he buys the clothes and dresses the kids, he can decide what they wear. Little does he know I won't let it get to that point. . .


And, if you've made it this far, you can be "in the know," as they say. We are expecting another baby in March. Everett thinks its so neat I have a baby in my tummy that he informed me that he has one in his as well. It's a boy, apparently. At 13 weeks along, we are now excited and ready for the challenge of having three kids ages three and under. It will be an adventure, to say the least!

Here's the fuzzy pixelated lima bean, for those of you who are interested. Baby is three inches long and one ounce.

And, because I know some of you will be wondering, here are the answers to what might be your questions:

1. Yes, I have been a little nauseated and very tired. Nothing big; I'm sure I'll be tired until I get all these kids out of the house, and then I'll have to sleep for ten years just to make up for lost time, so "tired" is a state I'm getting used to.

2. Yes, technically I may be "showing". However, most of it is the extra weight from my "well-I-guess-I'm-pregnant-now-so-forget-all-this-eating-to-be-trim" attitude. Go figure (hah.) I lost my remaining five pounds from Ashley and gained six for this baby the very next week, after no dietary changes, so I pretty much threw in the towel after that.

3. Do I have names picked out? Yes. But we'll save those for later :).

4. Do I know what it is? I have my suspicions, but I was wrong with both of my other kids. (I think it's a boy, by the way).

5. What about your 500 square feet of living space? Good question. Baby will be sleeping in a bouncer in our room for his/her first two months of life until we move. Who knows, maybe it will even help with acid reflux. When we move, we'll figure out a more long-term solution.

So, there you go! I was going to think of a creative way to announce this, but quite frankly, I'm too tired. Don't worry; I am getting used to it, and I am reveling in these days when I have both kids napping at the same time.

16 comments:

Tasha said...

How exciting! I'm in embrology, so there's lots happening in that tummy of yours! Yay!! If only you lived closer so I could get my baby fix with yours:)

Unknown said...

Congrats! We are excited for you and enjoyed the picture of Baby LimaBean!

queenie said...

So excited for you! Thank you for sharing it. So nice. You are amazing!!!

Melissa and Aaron said...

Congratulations you two! That's so exciting. You guys will do great with 3:)

Amanda said...

CONGRATS!! That's so exciting. Hope you get feeling better soon and we look forward to updates.

Pour Les Enfants said...

Congratulations Elisa. so exciting. I am sure you are tired, but you are both awesome parents. Good luck and please keep us updated. I sure hope that LimaBean is nice to you right now.

aaron and meg facer said...

Hooray! Congratulations on the big news! What an adventure!

Drae said...

That's so exciting!! Congratulations. You look great, by the way. I never would have noticed you have a baby in that little tummy of yours. Let me know if I can do anything for you. Especially if it's after 5pm. If you just need a nap or something. I've got nothing but time here.

Rebekah said...

It must be an age thing. Oakley tells me that she is a baby and not a big girl. And that she also has a baby in her stomach. How funny. I think those shoes are way cute. Tell Joel he hasnt seen girly yet. Just wait until she gets bigger!

Shanda said...

Congratulations!!! I wish I was there to help you out! I'm so happy for you!!!

Erika said...

Congrats! I think it was a creative way of sharing...when the title said "Announcing" I thought you'd say you were expecting, but then you showed "baby" Everett so I thought you got me good. Low and behond! Happy you haven't been feeling too sick. And I love the ultrasound...your little person was looking straight on! I've always just had the profile.

Devin, Naomi and Spencer said...

Yea babies babies everywhere, but not a drop to drink. I honestly think it is the village water around here . Any way it will be fun to be pregnant together! Thanks for being my friend (I know cheesy), but I really appreciate your friendship and great attitude! See you tomorrow (most likely)

Naomi

Jen said...

Wow...talk about deflating expectations and then bringing them right back up again! Congrats! When we were in our tiny one-bedroom apt in NYC with two babies I would often have Asher sleep in his in the bathroom....it was quiet and dark and worked out well most of the time (until one of us had to use it). Anyways, just an idea...

Jessica Brown said...

Elise Congrats! Three under three, if any one could do it or can do it its you! Your such a great mom. And your kids are darling. I'm so excited for you!

michelle said...

congrats. you are an amazing mom and I know you will be able to figure out 3 kids under 3.

Mike & Rachel Barton said...

CONGRATS, Elise! How exciting! If anyone can do it - you can. They are so lucky to have you as their mom. I wish I could be there to help you out!