Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Confusion

Last night Everett started talking about how his food goes down into his stomach, so I decided to show him a simple animation of the digestive tract on You Tube. He found the whole thing to be very interesting (especially the "end" of the food's journey) and learned the basic parts (throat, stomach, intestines). He had fun squishing his intestines and mine, and it was fun for me to see him visualize it.

A few minutes later he came to me and showed me his abdomen. I asked him if his intestines were still there.

"No! Baby!" He exclaimed. I figured that he realized if he has a baby in his tummy (which apparently he does, just like me), he can't possibly have room for intestines, too. I have asked him a few times since and he is adamant that the baby is there, and there is no room for intestines.


(Just in case you are worried, his stomach is still there.)


It's fun to see him thinking even if he is getting those thoughts a little mixed up. The thing I love about this age is that everything is a new concept. It is fun to watch him begin to sort everything out in his own way.

0 comments: