Sunday, September 6, 2009

Have You Ever. . .

. . .had to figure out how to walk/run through the church building while chasing two screaming girls through the halls without sounding like a hypocrite when you say, "Remember, we must walk! No screaming please! This is Jesus' house!"

I did, four separate times today. Let me tell you, I was beyond grateful for the ward exectutive secretary and the Bishop, who just happened to be out in the halls at the exact moment the girls decided to split directions and dash wildy around. I couldn't have done it without them; in fact, I might still be stuck going around and around that church building!

I still had a good day at church, though. Those girls actually let me sit by them and one of them even looked up at me and dreamily said, "Do you think when I get older I can have hair like yours?"

Sometimes it's the small moments that carry us forward. The big moments, well, after those sometimes I just need a nap.

3 comments:

Emily S. said...

Oh the things I have ahead of me!

Hey- I was looking at your blog and was curious how you figured out how to have your blog not be the 3 column style. Was there a site you used??

Tasha said...

Wow, those girls you have must be more than a handful. We had a little kid who was bawling, running, and screaming loudly (so loudly it hurt) yesterday. Good times. Makes me excited to have kids:)

Jen said...

I was going to click "thumbs up" but then realized it was a blog post not a facebook update! Cute post!