Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Today I took the kids to the Zoo after Everett's hearing screening (it's his third one, still has inflammation and fluid in his right ear, gotta get it checked out, but that's another story), and they had a great time. It is a very small zoo--no elephants or giraffes! The kids don't seem to mind, though.

I even let Everett ride on the train. It seems like everything is free for kids three and under, so I have to take advantage of these days.



We were the only ones on the train, so Merle, our conductor, called the ride "The Everett Express!" and let Everett sit in the engine for a picture. Everett thought it was pretty fun and has talked about it since.

Cute picture of Everett on the train with Ashley and me. Too bad Ashley wasn't looking, or this could have been a good picture.



Ashley loved the zoo and spent her time leaping out of the stroller anytime she saw an animal enclosure. Her excitable sounds were something else.

Everett was especially taken by this giant tortise. Obviously he's thinking about something very important. . .


All in all, a fun day. It was a spur of the moment trip, and I'm glad we did it. We don't have a whole lot of warm days left this fall.

0 comments: