Since one of you asked how I did the header on this blog, I decided I'd post about it and then you can all see. That way if you want to do it, you will know one possible way.
First, take a look at this website. I really like how he made the header long and skinny but I didn't find a graphic I liked that lended itself well to those proportions.
When you get to the part in his explanation that talks about adding the URL in the html section dealing with the header, this is what you'll have to do if you do it my way:
First, find an image (photograph, clip art, pirated design, whatever) that you like. Copy it somewhere onto your computer as a JPEG image. If you aren't sure how to change it if it isn't that way initially, I can't be much help except to suggest that you use a generic photo program on your computer and see if there is way to save a copy of it separately as a JPEG image.
Then, log into (or create a free account) with photobucket.com. This is a great website because you can upload images and edit them, add text, etc.
I uploaded the grey flowery image and then used the "edit" function in photobucket to add text (first I used a photo program on my computer to change the dimensions of the photo so it was a little flatter and wider, but you can do this on photobucket itself).
Then, when you see the thumbnail of the image you've created you will notice that you can copy the URL at the bottom. This is what you will paste into the html section of your blog dealing with the header, as LaCour's tutorial suggests.
The only hiccup with this procedure is that I couldn't get it to still name my blog "the Johnsons" because essentially it didn't recognize the text in the picture as separate from the picture. What I had to do was name it " . " so that extra text wouldn't show on my header. This is why our blog is shown as " . " on the browser.
I hope this explanation made sense. I know I can get far too wordy sometimes. If anyone wants to know more I can try to answer questions but my knowledge of these kinds of things is more limited than I'd like it to be.
But it's kind of fun to have something unique. I'll have to keep looking until I find exactly what I'm wanting.
This has gotten longer than I thought it would, so if my father-in-law has made it to the end of this post, I'll be surprised.
Mr. Robot
17 hours ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment