Saturday, September 20, 2008

Not that I'm biased, but...

I have a perfect baby. The past two days she has slept twelve hours through the night and eaten five times during the day. She did not cry. She swung (swang? swinged?) happily all day long. I held her when I wanted to, not when she needed me to. She endured toddler hands (and feet, and rear ends, and head-butting) all day long with no more than slight squeals. She grinned, and grinned, and grinned, every time you cast a glance in her direction. She has been grinning since she was only a few weeks old.

And, though she isn't three months old yet, tonight she giggled. Repeatedly. Right at me, out of the blue.

Though I have heard many children laugh, and I have been through the first gigglings before with Everett, somehow seeing and hearing her giggle tonight felt like the first time I had ever experienced that in my entire life. It was renewing and revitalizing and enchanting and almost made me cry. I imagine it may very well be the same with the rest of my children.

(Of course later when I tried to get it on camera, she just gave me her precious little smiles and coos. Wait, "just" ? What am I saying?)

3 comments:

Tori said...

Lucky you! It sounds like she is just so precious!

Lisa J. said...

You are spoiled! Enjoy it!

Natalie Sue said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh what a perfect baby! She should win an award. I'm so glad for you. That makes it nice!