Remember this picture?
...And this one?
Oh. And these?
These are expressions I see multiple (times fifty) times a day. The one thing you don't get with the pictures is the audio. But if you did get it, it would sound something like a child yelling into a megaphone. Seriously. I don't know how his little lungs can project sound to that degree. (And he always seems to bellow the loudest when my ears are the closest or my patience is the thinnest. But that is a whole other issue right there.)
But I think it is interesting that he has gotten to the age where he is reserved around people he doesn't know and in situations that are not at home.
Don't get me wrong, at home he really is a little dear and is very fun and loving. But he is also quite fiery and has a solid little temper.
So today when my visiting teacher told me how good he is in nursery, that he is "just so mellow all the time," I can't help but smile to myself. This doesn't necessarily surprise me because I know how reserved he is with people he doesn't know well, but it is funny to me that there can be such a drastic difference between home and away. I think all children are like this, but it is fun that Everett has gotten to this age. Babies will cry if they need something no matter where they are or who they're with. I guess kids hit a magic age where their reactions change depending on the situation.
Note: everything I've said here does not apply to Sacrament Meeting. Everett has no sense of displacement there.
Mr. Robot
17 hours ago
3 comments:
lol..I remember those pics! We are approaching this phase....the phase of tempers and fits! Yet, so mellow and quiet with people he doesn't know. Yes, sounds familiar...it's upon us!
Oh by the way, thanks for your nice comments...especially about my whiny post. I just put it in my journal. I do believe in being honest, but I guess I felt so rotten that day that I thought it was overboard...I'm sure I will have more posts like that one! lol
Unfortunately there is no end in sight... at least not at our house. Hey, how did you add the time it's been since your list of "friends" have updated their blog? I am not really blog savvy...
Have a good one!
Post a Comment