skip to main |
skip to sidebar

Last night my sister Amanda and I went to see the production of Les Miserables at the Wolf Trap theatre in Vienna. The best part of the night was that we were able to have some good time together before she leaves to serve a mission in Taiwan. We ate at a good little Indian place (they served naan with dinner at no extra charge) which hit the spot for me.
I love Les Miserables. It is filled with beautiful, powerful music and profound lyrics. A thousand lessons and sermons could be drawn from the story of Les Miserables, but my favorite thing about the story is that it is about imperfect people trying to do the best they know how.
Javert is supposed to be a type of villain for hunting down Jean Valjean, but really he is doing what he believes to be the lawful thing. And when he is given the opportunity to apprehend Jean Valjean or take his life, he doesn't. I like that the "villan" is so three-dimensional.
The next thing I need to do is actually read the book. Now, isn't that just a clever idea?
2 comments:
Elise your blog title is so cute? Will you send me an email sometime and tell me how you did it. I see everyone with these darling blog titles that look so creative and cute, and I don't know how to do it! :)
I'm so jealous that you got to see Les Mesirables. That is my all time favorite play. I have seen it four times. So good.
We went and saw that in St. George. I am sure I would have enjoyed it more if it wasnt 106 degress.
Post a Comment