Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I have a brilliant friend...

I enjoy Sacrament Meeting. I really do. It's just that, well, sometimes the time seems to go by rather s l o w l y.

I suppose this is what happens when you spend the entire time using every ounce of your faculties to prevent a (exceptionally loud) toddler from bellowing, screaming, demanding, running, climbing, crying, hitting, throwing, hanging upside down, grabbing and everything else that is natural but not exactly welcome in a quiet meeting.

I know the problem is that we don't have anything that is very good at keeping his attention in an appropriate way. I do know this, I do. So why haven't I done anything lately to remedy this problem? That's a good question.

But then I caught wind of a fabulous idea from one of my blogging/college roomate friends. You see, she's so with-it that she is already planning an amazing quiet book even though her daughter is only five months old.

And it's taken me almost two years.

Now that I've read her plans, I'm done making excuses. I'm going to get this thing done. Like, today. My spiritual sanity is counting on it.

2 comments:

Tori said...

Yay, I'm brilliant!

I think it will work much better for you with a toddler than for me with a little baby. He'll probably be fascinated with it instead of trying to eat it! Oh, and I bought muslin for the pages, the felt is for decorations. I'm still trying to decide whether to make the muslin double thickness or not, and whether to use thin batting between the pages or not.

Unknown said...

Timely post for me. I am finishing up making a third picture book (first with pictures of daily living, second with extended family photos--especially babies--he likes this one, and the third is one of pictures of Christ--using many pictures from March,2008 Ensign).

It is only now that Evy is able to manipulate laces, zippers, etc. So, you aren't behind, just right on time because now you can help cater it to subjects that enchant him.

Looking forward to checking out the Brilliant Friend's link.