Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Special Bathwater

Yesterday I went to take a bath while Everett was still awake. Usually I try to do it when he is napping or when I know he is glued to his movie, but the water to our building was going to be shut off for maintenance so I had to get it in when I could.

So, I gave him a little plastic bowl with cheerios in it, I turned on his movie, and I plopped him on the couch in the hopes that he would stay occupied for ten minutes or so.

Not so. When he heard that there was water running he just couldn't help himself. I had left the door open a crack so I could hear the kids if they needed me, so Everett just walked right in. I just started washing my hair when I detected that something foreign was in the water. I turned around to look at the other end of the tub and Everett had dumped all of his cheerios in the water with me.

So, what did I do? I finished my bath. But don't worry, we got most of the cheerios out before I finished.

The whole scenario made me laugh, though. It was just a silly little thing that happened, but it's one of those things that when you don't have kids yet you don't imagine happening--you think that you'll always be watching them closely enough that these kinds of things will never go on.

But it did make me think that "Cheerios in the Bathwater" would be a good name for a book written by a mother about the crazy things that happen with kids.

1 comments:

Natalie Sue said...

I love that title... you should write the book.. you are SUCH a great writer!!! I love following your blog... sorry I don't comment all the time... it seems I'm always holding a kid on my lap!