Thursday, May 28, 2009

Bear Bear Bear

Everett was never one to get too attached to one certain blanket or animal. He would go through phases where he'd want anything and everything he could think of in his bed, but though I tried to get him excited about a companion stuffed animal, it never took.

It must be a genetic thing. That is the only way I can explain Ashley's affinity for stuffed animals of any kind. Remember Everett's giant stuffed doggie his softie of a father got for him last summer? Ashley giggles and giggles every time we bring that out. Then she goes over and buries her face in its fur and makes lots of loud happy noises into the stuffing.

So, lately I've decided to give her a bear to sleep with every night. This bear was originally given to Everett, but it is big and soft and I knew she would really take to it. Let's be honest, though; she'd take to anything.

Now when I give her the bear (say the name three times quickly and she'll go find it--it's like magic), I think she'd jump for joy if she could. When she sleeps with the bear, she'll wrap her arms and legs around it and bury her face in its fur somewhere. Often when she wakes up from her nap, I find her talking to the bear and getting in a few more snuggles.






She will forgo her pacifier for the bear's ear.





No matter how deeply she's sleeping, she'll always have hold of it.




It's fun to toss around. . .




And fun to yell into. . .




It's an all-around good time whenever the bear is near. Thanks, Grandma Johnson! Everett loved it and now Ashley loves it too.

2 comments:

Moss Family said...

That's cute. Funny how kids do things differently. My Corbin (2) took a while to take to a little blanket/bear. When he was 18 months old he would wake up from his sleep and start to throw everything out of his crib. The little blue blankie bear was always in one corner of his crib (which his grandma gifted him with at birth). So.... after he'd throw the bear on the floor he'd well Ut-Oh! That is how we knew he was awake and we go get him out of bed. Ever since then he's affectionately called that thing his ut-oh bear and he loves it... and can't sleep without it now. Too cute.

Erika said...

Too cute! What adorable pictues you've got to remember this stage. I've always thought it'd be cute for our girls to have a lovie too...one they could wear out and play and play with, like Woody on Toy Story. So sweet! OH, I especially like the sucking on the ear instead of the paci.