Saturday, May 2, 2009

Our New Family Member

We recently bought a double stroller. I have looked on craigslist for a long time, but ultimately we decided to go new, thanks to Deloitte's help. The best part? We get to pick what we want AND have the full warranty. Nice.


Thanks to Amazon, this is what we got:


It's not exactly the cadillac of double strollers--it's more like a nice, practical, smooth-riding jeep, but we are loving it. Schwinn was one of the only companies who made these strollers with a good shade at the top. After days of researching and looking at reviews, I was happy with the choice we made. It has been a lot of fun! It has quick release wheels for easy storing, which Everett now knows exactly how to put on. We will definitely use it in Indiana, and especially when we walk to campus to meet Joel for lunch. This is going to be our entertainment this summer. The kids have been loving it so much that yesterday we took a walk lasting over two hours!

The walk made me realize how much I'm going to miss our town. We found a great playground--one of many within walking distance--with a good playground, and Everett had a blast. Everywhere we went, people smiled and greeted us. On warm days, people are out with their kids, their dogs, or their friends. Wooded trails lead anywhere and everywhere. There are parks all through, most of which have at least one well-kept baseball diamond.

It has been a dream living here, and I am really going to miss it. I don't know if we'll live in an area like this for the rest of our lives.



The biggest thing I'll miss is looking out our windows and seeing this. . .and knowing there are miles of trails in here for us to walk on.

1 comments:

Rebekah said...

I love my double stroller, they are just hard to fit in the car.