Well, our walls are bare. Thanks to a generous woman from craigslist, I have boxes all over the house, some filled, some empty. I've set aside things to get rid of. I feel like we are making good progress (I'll feel this more thoroughly when I get my kitchen done).
Last time we moved, Everett was at the age where he cried whenever I wasn't holding him. I got good at packing with one hand, but it sure wasn't very efficient.
Now, Everett is the best helper in the world, which is good because it is almost midnight and Joel still isn't home from work. They sure are getting their use out of him while they can. But that's okay--it will just make him all the more grateful to be going to school.
Everett and I boxed up all his toys and books today except for the few that he plays with every single day. He was so happy to be helping me pack them all away, which was really funny. You'd think he would have a major problem with saying good-bye to his toys, but he has somewhat of a box fetish, so I think it evens out. Mostly I think he feels the whole scenario is fun and different. If I go get a box, he goes and gets one. If I put something in the box, he has to do the same. If I write on the box, he has to write on the box. The best part is, it makes it more fun for me to have a little company, since I'm obviously pretty much on my own with all this packing stuff.
And no, I'm not stressed about it, and we'll be able to do it all with no problem. Really. We've made good headway, and we have ten days before we need to be loading it all. Besides, today I breathed a sigh of relief when I remembered that I don't actually have to pack all the things in our drawers.
But I don't think I'll be surprised if I dream tonight about cardboard boxes.
Pucker Up
4 days ago
2 comments:
That must feel great to be able to pack with both hands this time around! Do you need help? Do you need dinner?
Good Luck! We are excited for you!
Post a Comment