Not that you're all waiting with bated breath, but. . .
WE'RE HERE!

Indiana, we're excited to know you.
Checklist from the last two days:
Tomorrow we're going to explore campus. Joel wanted me to wait to post until we have pictures of the golden dome, but I told him that the sooner he learns I'm the boss, the better.
Oh, and one more thing for the checklist:
Joel is already taking note of our neighbor's athletic inclinations. I just heard him describe seeing tennis rackets on the wall of one of our ward members. I give him a month before he sets up a tennis match!
WE'RE HERE!

Indiana, we're excited to know you.
Checklist from the last two days:
- get carpets in our old apartment cleaned
- get Everett a giant sticker book, with 600 stickers of animals, averaging one per mile. We figured that would last him.
- make our last trip to Trader Joe's for some in-car snacks (including fresh blackberries. . .yum!)
- Discover Beaver Valley, PA. We stopped for gas and found a gem of a city park, complete with extensive playground. I don't know who was happier to see it--me or Everett.
- Stay in an awesome Holiday Inn. It had a huge indoor playground area and pool. Can you say rejuvenation?
- Sleep in until 8:30am because the curtains kept out all the sun.
- Discover the wonder of a child old enough to sleep in a strange hotel bed all by himself across the room.
- Took notice that it didn't take us very long to meet a few of our neighbors, and that one even offered us two air mattresses and a crib mattress so we have something to sleep on.
- Watched as Joel almost started doing back flips when he discovered that he now has access to ESPN 360, and that the cable we get also includes ESPN.
Tomorrow we're going to explore campus. Joel wanted me to wait to post until we have pictures of the golden dome, but I told him that the sooner he learns I'm the boss, the better.
Oh, and one more thing for the checklist:
Joel is already taking note of our neighbor's athletic inclinations. I just heard him describe seeing tennis rackets on the wall of one of our ward members. I give him a month before he sets up a tennis match!
1 comments:
Indiana! Glad you arrived safely. Hope you enjoy it. It is always a stress relief to go back there.
Sorry I didn't get to see you off, but who knows...maybe we will meet up there at some point.
Glad you get to garden. I'm dying to have some kind of dirt I can call my own. (-;
Post a Comment