I've decided lately that you can tell a lot about a person by the way they label their moving boxes. Want some evidence? Here it is:
This is how the woman who sold us the boxes labeled them for her move.

See? Careful, not too messy, and somewhat particular and detailed.
Here is how I label my boxes:
This is how the woman who sold us the boxes labeled them for her move.
See? Careful, not too messy, and somewhat particular and detailed.
Here is how I label my boxes:
I like to scrawl all over every side of the box, sometimes with a color other than black. I don't know what this says about me exactly, but there it is just the same.
Here is how Joel marks his boxes:
No, his markings don't say "sewing basket" or "purses" (those are crossed out--with a single line). Can't quite make it out? Here's a better look:
It looks an awful lot like chicken scratches, but I think I can see the word "games" in there somewhere. But hold on. . . I think I need to go get a magnifying glass for verification. . .
So what are you? Are you a miniscule labeler? Are you a giant scrawler? Are you neat and detailed? Or are you something else entirely? I guess someone better write a facebook quiz about this! {eye roll}
4 comments:
I am a detail oriented person. My boxes are labeled both inside and outside. I note everything, with numbers that are in the boxes. I have a master sheet of paper with labelled boxes (sorted by room and number) with items written on both. I have one copy for the top of the inside of the box and on my sheet of paper. Then I label the box by room and box number (and sometimes a little note on the outside- like bedroom closet or kitchen dishes). Yes I am a dork.
Wow, Lizbeth sounds ultra organized. I'm in between detail and just a big marking, like you. That's funny that you thought of that...something like that wouldn't have ever occured to me.
Yeah, hands down Lizbeth has the most organization, probably because she has moved the most.
I list the room and the item. Until this last move, we had moved so often that I knew what box was for what (I even kept the packing material in the box because things were fitting that perfectly). When I unpack in a couple of months, I will have NO idea what is in what. It will be like Christmas all over.
We are praying and cheering for you as you wind things up in DC.
Hey don't blame me. I like organization when I unpack. The worst thing is when you think you know what is in a box, move the heavy thing near the cabinets and poof it goes in another area and you have to move it again.
But beyond my anal-retentive self, I wish you luck in the move. Please keep blogging so we know how things are going at ND. Praying all goes well and the adjustment is easy!!!! Best of luck to you and Joel!
Post a Comment