Wednesday, May 7, 2008

33 Weeks Down...

...7 more weeks to go!

I am very excited that this pregnancy is coming to a close. It has gone by really quickly, like I knew it would. I think the first pregnancy usually goes by more slowly because that is your only child you are focusing on. It is so fun to focus on the child that is learning and growing outside the womb that sometimes I forget about what is happening with little Ashley.

I also feel a little unprepared, because we don't have very many clothes for her. Technically she can wear Everett's baby clothes, and we will use some for her, but I think I would like people who see her to know that she is a girl, not a little boy with a baseball on his shirt (besides, Everett was a winter baby so most of his clothes are off-season). Joel is all for her wearing boys clothes, though. Maybe we'll have to have all girls from now on to give him plenty of time to get used to the femininity. You'd think having a wife would do it, but apparently not!

In case any of you are wondering (which you're probably not), I am certainly not opposed to pink, so Joel's opinion on that color has not swayed me one bit.

Ashley is 4 pounds now and about 17 inches long (supposedly). I love knowing each week that she is getting bigger because that means if anything happens and I were to go into labor early, she is that much more prepared for the outside world.

I did go into pre-term labor with Everett at 34 weeks (we ended up going full term, thank goodness), but I'm not really betting that it will happen this time. We'll see! Maybe I'll tell Joel that keeping up the house is simply too stressful and difficult, and I'd better stop for the baby's sake.

Yes, that sounds like a good excuse to me. I have a doctor's appointment in a couple of days. Maybe I can get him to sign off on that, as well.

4 comments:

RebeckerOnline said...

Wow. I can't believe your are almost there. It seems like you just barely told me you were pregnant! At least she will come right before the massive humidity sets in, right?

Unknown said...

I JUST sent you an email regarding something you mention here. I wish I could say I was a mind reader . . . that would help with understanding my Everett, eh?

Tori said...

Yay, so close! And Chelsea is even closer, wow. We could never have imagined this four years ago! I think life is much better than I even thought it would be, since living it is so much better than just dreaming. :]
I must be in an introspective mood because I'm nursing my beautiful baby and few things bring as much contentment as that!

Jessica Brown said...

Elise I can't believe you are only five weeks away!! That is so crazy and exciting!