I can tell I only have a month left in this pregnancy, and here's why:
- I've grown out of all of my maternity clothes. Every single shirt is either borderline or too small.
- I've been having a lot of Braxton-Hicks contractions ("fake" contractions), which is good because it moves the baby into a good position and prepares everything for labor. They can also be a little annoying, like when I'm pushing Everett in the stroller.
- My knees are swollen and sore, my feet get swollen--though you can't really tell just by looking at them because they are so small to begin with, and my hands get puffy.
- Everett has become very, very clingly lately and wants me to hold him. All. The. Time. Just in time for me to be tired of hefting my own self around!
On an especially happy note, I have been sleeping really well. I can't complain! Of course, Everett hasn't been sleeping well lately, so maybe I would wake up on my own anyway, but I'll just go on thinking that I've been lucky and I'm not too uncomfortable to sleep.
Ashley has grown a lot, and so she is supposed to be about 5 1/4 pounds and 18 inches long. She is also head down and space is getting tight enough that she isn't moving as crazily as she has been. On the other hand, with some of her movements now my belly looks like I'm housing a bunch of aliens. It's also recommended that I start thinking about packing a hospital bag, but I haven't really gotten around to it yet (the thinking part, not the packing part). I guess I figure I'll have time if I need to go to the hospital, but then I remember that I'm going to need to pack things for Everett as well if we need to drop him off at someone's house. Maybe I'd better get moving on that one.
On an unrelated note, my balcony plants are growing very, very well. Joel's predictions that I will kill them before they yield fruit may prove fruitless (ha!). Hopefully they will last so I can enjoy my sun-ripened cherry tomatoes. It's much better to go pick my own than pay 4 bucks for a little pint of them.
Next on my list: find a double jogging stroller, or, as Joel likes to call it, an all-terrain baby vehicle. Either one works for me as long as it has wheels and will keep my children happy while I make sure I lose the baby weight. Craigslist, here I come!
1 comments:
Hey, the list sounds similar.. although I am not sleeping well these days. But it's okay.. that's just life once you become a mom. But I laughed cause it's true - maternity clothes stop fitting in the last month! Good luck on finding a stroller! We just got one, so now I can be calm.
Post a Comment