Thursday, May 22, 2008

My sister, Amanda, has just been called on a mission to....

TAIWAN TAICHUNG
(Mandarin speaking)

(Image courtesy of NASA, found on Wikipedia)

The funny thing is, this is the mission she wanted to go to. She got her wish! She had a roommate when she was in China on Study Abroad who just left to this mission. Maybe they'll meet up sometime.

I am so, so happy for her and more proud of her and excited for her than I can express. She is my best friend and I am so happy to, in a small way, be able to share in the excitement of this call. She reports to the MTC mid-September, and since my family is coming out here to DC this summer, she will be able to spend a couple of months with me before she goes.

3 comments:

Natalie Sue said...

Oh, that is SO exciting! My dad went there and so did my cousin and a friend. Of course she will love it, that's wonderful!

Chelsea and gang said...

That is so exciting I had no idea she was planning to go on a maission! When does she leave? I knew I would learn something fun if I checked your blog :) Tell her congrats for me. That will be an amazing mission!

Chelsea and gang said...

That is so exciting I had no idea she was planning to go on a maission! When does she leave? I knew I would learn something fun if I checked your blog :) Tell her congrats for me. That will be an amazing mission!