Sunday, May 11, 2008

The Best Mother's Day Present Ever


Everett turns 18 Months old on Wednesday. What does that mean? It means something happened at church today that I have been waiting a long, long time to experience.




Everett went to Nursery.




!!!!!!!




When Joel and I dropped him off, all he needed was my mere mention of a ball in the room and he was off. We left immediately, seeing as he was already having a lot of fun, and I doubt he thought seriously of us the entire time we were gone. The Nursery leader said he did great, didn't cry, and enjoyed knocking down block towers. He doesn't know how to drink out of the little lightweight paper cups they have in nursery, but with help he was able to down a little water.


During sunday school I was able to have my scriptures open and follow along to every single reference the teacher directed us to. Joel had his arm around me and at one point I leaned towards him and said, "This is like a date!"


Relief Society was a wonder because I was able to focus on the lesson rather than keeping a toddler both happy and reasonably quiet.


In a way I felt today as though it was my first time attending all three meetings in their entirety. It was a marvelous experience and you can bet I am going to absolutely soak up every second of church over the next five weeks until Ashley makes her debut.

In all, it was the greatest Mother's Day I could ask for. It is funny, in an ironic sort of way, that on a day celebrating Motherhood I would enjoy myself by not having my child with me, but such it was. It was very rewarding to me to see him growing up.

3 comments:

Tori said...

Yay, fun for you! Katrina's Mother's Day present for me was that she slept all the way through church and I didn't have to feed her at all! I still am uncomfortable feeding her away from home and struggling with a blanket and clothes and being without my boppy pillow... That's so great that he did so well!

aaron and meg facer said...

Hooray! Welcome back to church! I'm glad your present came just in time for mother's day.

Jessica Brown said...

That is the best mother's dad present ever!! I am counting down the days. My biggest nightmare is that as soon as Olivia goes to nursery that they call me to be a nursery leader! Did I say that out loud??