Everett's latest fascination is with balloons. The other day I was wistfully thinking about how fun it would be for Everett if he had some sort of small ball pit to play in, like some I've seen advertised. I figured he would love it because he loves balls, and so of course he would enjoy being able to surround his chubby little body with them (throwing them every which way would just be icing on the cake).
Then I decided to get creative. I still had a bag of balloons I bought a few months ago to keep him entertained, and we had an empty box lying around that Everett played in occasionally. Why not combine the two and make our own "ball pit"? This seemed like a perfect solution because not only was it inexpensive (free), it can be thrown away when we decide we're done with this interest. Since we live in 1000 square feet, throwing things away has never been more appealing to me.
Everett has loved the balloons in the box. We like to help him out by returning as many of the balloons to the box as possible while he is flailing about, but even if we don't he is perfectly happy to sit there with all that latex. I was able to get a video of him enjoying the balloon box, but as per Murphy's Law, he wasn't as happy while the camera was recording as he was when it was off.
This video is a little long, so don't watch all of it. I kept hoping for his original enthusiasm to return.
0 comments:
Post a Comment