... is so funny.
He is so capable and very smart: he is consistently valued at work and people are quick to recognize these traits.
I love being his wife because he is so on top of things.
He is so good at everything he does, that in a silly and impish way, it is fun for me to know there are things I'm better at than he is--so that way we're balanced.
I've always known that I will be able to help with the creative and english sides of our children's homework, while he handles mathematics, but...
I didn't realize until lately that there were not one, but two un-obvious things I know how to do that he can't.
Want to venture a guess?
One is whistling. Joel can't whistle to save his life. It is beyond funny to watch him try, and a little endearing.
Number two I just discovered a few days ago (see post below). Joel can't blow up balloons. He tries and tries, turns bright red, and makes a great deal of noise, but is largely unsuccessful. By "largely unsuccessful", I mean that he can't blow up any balloon except the largest size you can find--the 15 inch kind. And, it took him a few days to figure out how to do it.
Even though we haven't been married for very long, it is fun to know that after the time we have been together there are things about eachother that we are still discovering.
And though I've give up on the whistling, maybe, just maybe, by the time our kids are older, he will have learned to blow up balloons of all sizes. But I won't be too disappointed if I can retain the upper hand.

1 comments:
Elise! Everett doesn't look like a baby anymore! He looks like a little boy! How crazy!
Post a Comment