We've just reached a milestone: Everett woke up with a major fever last night. His pillow was drenched, his sheets were wet, and his pajamas were soaked from all of his sweat. He was trembling and bright red, and even with my extra-hot pregnancy hands I was amazed at how hot he was. He felt like a little oven.
All he wanted to do was have me hold him, the little sweetheart. Isn't it amazing how mothers are sometimes the cure-all?
Thankfully the fever broke by this morning, and he is doing much better today, although he still has no appetite. Thank goodness he likes watching The Fox and the Hound so much because that has helped him relax a little today.
I am just amazed it has taken him this long to have a real fever. He has been a very healthy little boy, and even when he is sick, he doesn't whine or mope around; he just wants his Momma. And as for me, well, there is something about seeing your little one be so sick that just twists those heartstrings. I think I felt worse for him than he did for himself.
Pucker Up
4 days ago
3 comments:
Oh, poor little Everett! How sad, I always hate seeing my little boys sick but it is pretty nice that they are quiet and just want to be held. That's the nice part :) Not too long till Ashley gets here. You getting excited?
Poor little guy. And poor you. It is so hard seeing your baby sick and wishing you could take away the pain. I'm glad he's feeling a little bit better.
Oh, that's so sad that he was sick. I'm glad he's feeling better!
Post a Comment