I am a huge fan of our mailman. Everett and I often see him on our way out to play at noon (my last attempt to get some of Everett's energy out before his afternoon nap).
He is a slight little man who smiles so wide his eyes crinkle like tissue paper. He walks with a happy spring in his step as though there is nothing he would rather be doing than delivering mail. He carries himself so jovially, and is so lightweight, that you get the impression he could begin leaping and bounding 10 feet into the air as though it were nothing.
Because we are the newest family in our building and all of the mailboxes have names inside for his reference, he has known our names almost since the day we first moved in. He always greets me with a delighted "Hello!" and then bends down to say "Hello, Mr. Johnson!" to Everett. Everett is of course too little to get excited about that, but I can't help but think if he were a few years older he would get a big kick out of the Mailman calling him "Mr. Johnson".
What a wonderful person. This is the kind of attitude I need to work to have while completing my every-day tasks.
He is a slight little man who smiles so wide his eyes crinkle like tissue paper. He walks with a happy spring in his step as though there is nothing he would rather be doing than delivering mail. He carries himself so jovially, and is so lightweight, that you get the impression he could begin leaping and bounding 10 feet into the air as though it were nothing.
Because we are the newest family in our building and all of the mailboxes have names inside for his reference, he has known our names almost since the day we first moved in. He always greets me with a delighted "Hello!" and then bends down to say "Hello, Mr. Johnson!" to Everett. Everett is of course too little to get excited about that, but I can't help but think if he were a few years older he would get a big kick out of the Mailman calling him "Mr. Johnson".
What a wonderful person. This is the kind of attitude I need to work to have while completing my every-day tasks.

3 comments:
And this is why Mom says you could write children's books. Because even when you blog you say things like "He is a slight little man who smiles so wide his eyes crinkle like tissue paper." Tell me that does that not sound like a description right out of a children's book.
Thats so great!
Oh man.. it is true. You could be a writer. Your posts are always SO good.. even about the mailman! I love this story. It is cute. Today we went for a walk and passed right by our mailman. He did not look or flinch. I would have said hello...
Post a Comment