The day before I went into labor with Everett, I just knew something was going to happen that night, even though I was experiencing no physical signs of pre-labor. I knew that it was my "last" day to shower and do my hair for a while, and I knew it was my last chance for a lot of other things as well. I told this to Joel and it was amazing to note the clarity with which I experienced my intuitions.
Sure enough, when 4:30 am rolled around, Joel and I were in the car on our way to the hospital where Everett was born 10 hours later.
So, my big question is this:
Will I know this time?
Joel keeps joking about how I'm making him nervous because I am totally and completely immersed in the "nesting phase". I cleaned the house top to bottom yesterday, and when Joel asked me what I wanted to do at 9:30 at night, I told him I wanted to clean something else but that I couldn't think of anything to do. "Maybe I'll re-organize our closet," I said (but I didn't).
My bag is packed. Everett's bag is packed. We are, essentially, all ready for Ashley to make her debut. The only thing missing is my Mom, who wanted to fly out and will be here on the 21st.
Mr. Robot
17 hours ago
5 comments:
I can't wait for you to have a little girl of your own! I decided that I love infants. Well, two-month olds are definitely easier to deal with, but the next time around I'll be more experienced so I won't be scared. I can't wait to have #2. Weird, isn't it, that we barely get over the pain and discomfort of having one and we're ready for another? Good luck!
That's so cool that you knew ahead of time with Everett. I hope that happens with Ashley, too! Good luck and let us know if you guys need anything!
Hey this is Kella I found your blog through kera- i didn't realize you were expecting this soon! I can't wait to see the cute little thing!!!
Oh, I hope you know! That is neat. I have another friend who always knows -what a cool thing.. but the suspense is awful. You are getting so close too! I'm so super excited for you!
Wow. It's almost here! Good luck with everything. I'm assuming that I'll hear news when I come back into town.
Thanks, as always, for your great visits!
Post a Comment