Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Water Balloons

Everett has enjoyed his "box-o-balloons" so much that I decided I'd try something different with that same concept. Since it is getting warmer and some days are downright hot and muggy (at least to me) I thought we should try water balloons.

Yesterday we picked up some cheap water balloons and today we filled some of them up. Everett had a blast throwing them down on our cement balcony, and it was fun to watch his enthusiasm.

The only snag in the activity was that I didn't fill the balloons with enough water. I knew going into this process that they needed to have extra water because Everett can't throw them very hard, but apparently I still didn't do it quite right. The main problem with this is that under-filled water balloons tend to roll on a smooth surface, and that's exactly what they did...right down to our downstairs neighbor's patio. Ooops. Even though I kept vigilant watch, one or two balloons did end up popped and splattered on the first floor.

Oh well. Better luck next time. Even though the balloons were not quite ideal this time around, it was fun to have a new activity and something we know we can do here at home when the weather gets hot.

1 comments:

Melissa and Aaron said...

What a cute idea! And yes, I have noticed your close approaching due date. I can't believe you're almost there. Let us know if we can do anything for you guys!