Friday, June 27, 2008

This might be the only time I have ever posted on this blog. I am not nearly as good a writer as Elise, nor do I pretend to be, but at least you won't hear anything about any sensorized soap dispenser. Just the fact that I am writing can only mean one thing; Elise is not here to write. She is currently in the Fairfax Hospital, not the hospital we thought we were supposed to go to, but Ashley didn't really care where she was born.
Ashley was born 2:27 pm eastern time. She weighs 7 lbs 3 oz and is 19 1/2 inches long. She has thick dark hair, but (in my opinion) not quite as much as Everett had. Some might say the color and amount of hair comes from the Burton side, but considering all of my siblings were born with a lot of dark hair and no red heads, I will put in my two cents and say it comes from the Johnson side of the family.
She also seems to have some of the same tendencies as Everett. She came out with hand raised by her head and simply refuses to have her hands tucked under the blanket. She was very inquisitive staying awake and keeping her eyes open for the first couple of hours. Then again, she seems to be a little quieter than Everett and didn't seem to cry very much at all.
Both Elise and Ashley are doing well, enough so that Elise, if she has her way, will come home tomorrow evening. Maybe she just doesn't want to pay the extra $100 per night for a private room instead of sharing with some other lady. Anyway, it looks like Everett will have a new playmate/competitor for Mama's attention home tomorrow. And knowing how competitive the Johnsons' are, Elise better be ready to diffuse some tense situations. Sorry, for the long post. Here are the pictures of Ashley's first day on Earth:





8 comments:

aaron and meg facer said...

WAHOO!!! Congratulations! She looks sweet. I'm glad to hear everyone is doing well. I've been checking regularly to see when Ashley would make her appearance. You did a very nice job posting, Joel. Elise should get you on here more often!

Unknown said...

yeah!!!! congrats you guys!!! she's a cutie! joel, i still can't believe you already have two kids! congrats!!

Melissa and Aaron said...

Congratulations! She is so precious:) I can't wait to meet her!

Melissa and Aaron said...

P.S. Great job on the post, Joel!

queenie said...

Congratulations! Hooray for your little princess.

Tori said...

Yay! Thanks, Joel, for posting. Congratulations to both of you. I'll be happy to hear more about how things go for you four. :] Ashley is so cute.

Unknown said...

Awesome! I'm glad everyone is doing well. Can't wait til you bring her to Utah.

Brittany and Jason said...

Congrats from the Englands... she's cute and I am sure Everett already has some smothering planned. Good luck over the next couple of days!