Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Induction

I went to the doctor's office today and talked about my induction scheduling. Apparently they want me to check into the hospital tomorrow night at around 8:30 and then they will really get things going Friday morning at 6:30 am.

So, if I don't go into labor on my own tonight, I'll have the baby on Friday! We'll see how differently this one goes with being induced rather than having it on my own. I am not excited about staying an extra night in the hospital when I feel fine (or paying the copayment for it), but at least at the end of it all I'll have a little girl to show for it.

I'm getting more and more excited to meet Ashley. I am not nervous, but then again, I wasn't nervous for Everett, either. It will be interesting to adjust to having two children when my first one is still so young, but I think we will all enjoy it overall.

2 comments:

Jessica Brown said...

Good luck Elise! I wish I was there to help with Everett and make you some yummy dinners, but I can pray for you! I can't wait to see pictures of baby Ashley!

Tori said...

In case you somehow don't know (but you probably do), induction speeds things up and intensifies it, so I recommend getting the epidural before the pitocin! I think that's standard, anyway. I was given pitocin and it definitely sped things up and intensified the contractions, which I could feel even with the epidural. I kept having to increase the epidural, which tired me out. All because of that stupid "rest and descend." Blah.

I'm so eager to find out how everything goes! Good luck!!