This probably will not come as a surprise to many of you (namely, roommates). I know I'm boring and really, I'm okay with that. I suppose part of being boring is that you are content with being boring.
The reason I know this is because last night after Joel and I watched the recent movie Get Smart, he turned to me and said, "You know this is a good movie when you are laughing this much about it." It's true; I do not laugh very often during movies and TV shows, and if I do it has a lot to do with whether people near me are laughing. Joel laughs often and this is why I love watching movies with him.
This movie was very funny. I laughed many, many times. The comedic timing was usually perfect, and much of the humor was unexpected which made it all the more enjoyable. One part taking place in a fighter jet still makes me chuckle each time I think of it (I won't tell you more in case you haven't seen the movie yet). Really, the only thing that made it funny was that it was so unexpected.
The best part of this movie was that it was clean. There was one passing sexual joke (non-verbal) thrown in and only a couple of swear words. It is sad that I can classify this as "clean" because it would obviously be much better if none of that was in there at all, but I was impressed with how much they didn't put in but easily could have. I always appreciate that.
Overall, the movie was excellent. There were a few predictable parts, but I appreciated the humor. I think this was only enhanced by the fact that we were in the perfect mood to enjoy this type of movie.
So, if you're in the mood to stay in on this cold dreary day, this would be an excellent choice. Just make sure your stomach is properly conditioned for a laugh.

1 comments:
I enjoyed this movie as well. I laugh a lot inside and forget to let it out too. Whenever Steve Carrell opens his mouth I start to laugh. He keeps such a straight face through it all. Oh, and you are not boring. (-;
Post a Comment