This post comes in three parts. Firstly:
I am a slacker. Has anyone noticed the lack of Christmas cards coming their way from our house? I could tell you a huge story about how I mis-addressed every single one of them and somehow they all got lost in the mail. . .but that would be hopelessly untrue. The truth is, I didn't get around to it. After so long I thought to myself, "well, we'll send out a card over email". And then our ward's Christmas party happened. And then came New York. And really, I could have fit it in there somewhere between Everett's daily dose of Bambi or the dinner dishes, but I didn't. So yes, we have a new(ish) baby in the house and now people aren't going to get a card to prove it. Fortunately I have a blog, and I happen to know that I put way too many pictures of the kids on here for anyone's interest, and that most of the people we send Christmas cards to read the blog. So it all works out, right? Excuse me while I go try to erase the word "slacker" that is emblazoned across my forehead.
Secondly:
I feel like my posts have been whiny lately. I hate being whiny. So I'm just not going to do it anymore. The end.
Thirdly:
Not to brag or anything (ok, maybe a little, but all in good sport), but I just got to sleep in as late as I wanted for THREE DAYS STRAIGHT. Hence the trip to New York without the kids. As it is, I feel so well-rested that I could go run a marathon, which is good because I still have some things to finish up before, oh, tomorrow. (See first paragraph.)
Also, I'll post some pictures of our trip to New York in the next couple of days. We didn't take too many pictures; I think it was because Joel and I were lost in each other's eyes the whole time (insert groans). I don't think any of you are interested in seeing Joel's doe-eyed lovey-dovey looks. If some of you are, sorry to disappoint, but I didn't take any pictures of that.
Lastly,
MERRY CHRISTMAS! I hope each of you has a wonderful Holiday season and that you all enjoy these days to the fullest. There is so much to be grateful for; it seems I am feeling this more than I did even during Thanksgiving. Thank you all for your love and support. We love you all!
Pucker Up
4 days ago
5 comments:
I heard someone say they would send out valentines cards to everyone instead of Christmas. Just an idea.
I heard someone say they would send out valentines cards to everyone instead of Christmas. Just an idea.
That was four parts Elise.
THere was a card on our Christmas gift that was way cute. I thought, "Cool! I'm totally saving this to make for card club if I ever get around to getting a new one started." I didn't make cards either. It was all-a-dollar cards and a Christmas letter on plain white paper sent out 1 week before Christmas. I even sent one the day after Christmas. (I had lost their address.) Don't beat yourself up. Our kindergarten motto is "you get what you get, and you don't throw a fit!" There's also the cub scout motto that says "Do your best."
Love, Mary Susan
Post a Comment