Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Taking the plunge. . .

Well, on Saturday I finally did it. I got a haircut. I haven't had once since Ashley was born, which actually isn't all that abnormal for me. I try to make the ones I do have really count, and the last two haircuts I got (from the same person) have been the best haircuts in terms of quality I've ever had.

I had it cut in an A-line style, with the front almost to my shoulders. I still have little swoopy bangs (I'm all into the technical terms here).

It was a bit of an adjustment, and I wasn't sure if I regretted it or not. I cut off a lot of hair (well past my shoulders) and it was quite a change. When Joel met me I had short-ish hair, but I've had it longer for the last couple of years. Once I even asked a hairstylist what cut would make me look older, and she looked at me pointedly and said, "No haircut will make you look older."

So I usually just do what I'm in the mood for, which happened to be shorter this time around. I think it is because my hair was getting so long and I was tired of it, but I am happy with the cut. It was a nice change and it is nice that it doesn't take as long to dry.

3 comments:

Pour Les Enfants said...

Elise-
Pictures????

Jessica Brown said...

picture picture!!

Lisa J. said...

We have your name for Christmas so you should be getting something from Amazon in the next week or so.
Merry Christmas!