After our ice storm yesterday that left everything covered in over 1/4 inch of ice (ever saran-wrapped a car? This is what it is like, except with ice), and after watching Joel picking (hacking?) at the car door crack with his keys just so he could open it, and knowing how the roads are when they're covered in sheet ice, I assumed Joel would throw in the towel and say "surely they don't expect me to come into work yet."
But no, he went to work at the usual time. And the more I talk to people, the more I think he was the only one!
The plus side was that there was no one else on the road, so it took him a little less time than usual to get there. I guess everyone else just values their lives.
I just think it would be really nice if "Ice Season" didn't coincide with "Busy Season" !!!
Pucker Up
4 days ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment