Friday, January 23, 2009

Everybody Loves. . .Ridiculous Nicknames

The other night Joel and I were watching Everybody Loves Raymond. Debra was very upset with Ray for the latest mindless thing he did, and had been discussing it with Ray's family. As soon as they left the house, Ray entered from the back door, completely unaware of Debra's anger. When he walked in the door, he greeted her by saying,

"Hey, Jellycheeks!"


I immediately started laughing and turned to Joel, only to see that he was also turning to me and laughing.

At the same time we said:

Me: If you ever call me that, so help me, you'll be so sorry!
Joel: I am SO going to call you that from now on!


Thank you, Raymond. I've heard this nickname no less than five times since then. I guess that's the joy of being married!

2 comments:

Tori said...

Well, I'm Lovedove after we watched a couple call each other that on Deal or No Deal, so I can related! Though I like Lovedove better than Jellycheeks! :]

Natalie Sue said...

hahahaha... funny. Everyone loves Raymond, even I do!