Last Valentine's Day I gave Joel a gift I was excited about, and one I thought he would be excited about. It was a nine generation genealogical fan chart--a little decorative, very informational, and very time-consuming. This means that what Joel actually got was a partially completed nine generation fan chart (in my defense, I didn't have all of the names, so I did most of what I could at that point). And, almost a year later, though it has moved from its original mailing tube to a frame on the wall, it is still incomplete. However, I am going to finish it by this upcoming Valentine's Day since Joel is beginning busy season and I will need something to keep me busy during his late nights.
Here is a link to the chart, if anyone wants to take a look at it online. It is pretty inexpensive compared to many I have seen. If you like the look of the chart but don't want to spend the hours it takes to hand-write it all out (or if you're like me and you never like the way your writing looks), you can upload a PAF file and they will send it to you all filled out. It is a fun way to get acquainted with your ancestors and it is neat to see simliarities in names through the years.
One goal I had with this chart was to put a collage of family photos around it. I finally got around to this a few days ago, which is funny because I'm just going to have to take it down in a few months when we move. I guess there wasn't really a point to putting it up now, but at least Everett has fun pointing out all the people in the photographs. Of course, since I put them up, some of the pictures are crooked, and the right side doesn't seem to balance the left side very well. But hey, I never claimed spacial reasoning was my strong point.
My favorite picture is the one on the upper left side. It's a series of four photos--beginning with Joel's grandfather, named Everett Wayne Johnson, and ending with my little Everett Wayne Johnson. Joel's father also shares that name, though the first and middle names are reversed. Joel only shares the name Wayne, but who's counting?
(Joel wouldn't move off the couch for the picture so he decided to just cower under the blanket. Yes that's right honey, I said cower.)
In other news, Ashley has just discovered Everett's alligator xylophone. She loves it and will play with it all day long. She likes to experiment by hitting it with different things. I really like this toy because it has buttons that sound the keys rather than having to hit it with the stick (mallet?) all the time.
Mr. Robot
17 hours ago
1 comments:
Ok, that is really cool. I haven't ever seen one before
Post a Comment