Friday, January 2, 2009

Older and still Sweet

Ashley turned six months old on December 27th. The time sure flies! She is not very old yet but it still seems like she should be my little squawky, wrinkly newborn. Here are some things about Ashley:

  • She sits up like a pro. She has been able to do this for a while but she would always get too excited and wobble herself over trying to get somewhere.
  • She has started to lean over when I'm holding her in an attempt to get down and play with her brother.
  • She is still smiley and friendly to everyone, even strangers.
  • She loves to grab things and manipulate them.
  • She has gone back to not sleeping through the night (she's had a big growth spurt).
  • She giggles very easily.
  • She cocks her head when she breaks into a grin, and she has a faint little dimple on her left cheek.
  • She is a major jabberer. She is very loud. She loves sticking her fingers in her mouth and belting.
  • She has started on solids and has loved it. She will voraciously eat anything anyone gives her at this point.
. . .Which brings me to the pictures we took of her first meal. She ate carrots and rice cereal. I don't think she was a big fan of the carrots because she kept making shuddering faces, but she was so excited with the novelty of eating that she kept eating them anyway.

Notice the one long strand on the top of her head? If she hadn't lost most of her hair, this is how long it all would be. As it is now, she has more hair growing in (a little lighter, but still dark brown), but she also has a scraggly mullet in the back. I haven't had the heart to cut it yet.

Yep, I think it is safe to say that eating was a success for her. I even waited (unintentionally) until she was starving and I didn't give her milk first to calm her appetite, like so many people recommend. She just dove right in and loved it.

1 comments:

Tori said...

Those are two of the cutest pictures I've seen! Wow, that scraggly mullet is adorable. I love watching babies get excited about new things. Katrina is so happy when I give her cheerios and cheese. Today I caught her holding a baby toy with a mirror and just staring at herself in it.

Yeah, this whole black/gray thing is rough to work with. I'm trying to get Adam to help, but he has zero ideas. So I just use him to bounce my ideas off of and he occasionally agrees or vetoes! Shoulda taken Interior Design 100, or whatever Em took! Does watching lots of Design on a Dime on HGTV count?