We went to Tyson's Corner, shopped a little, ate, and came back to the mall's parking garage just as a magnificent coral sunset was filling the sky. At my suggestion (eyelashes may have been batted, but that will not be confirmed here), we drove to the very top of the parking garage where we could enjoy the brilliant rays in solitude.
Now, being that we had barely seen each other over the past week, and being that we were out without the children, we were happy to take the opportunity to park.
Oh, stop looking at me like that. Our vehicle was parked. We were just sitting next to each other. Juuuust sitting. I promise!
But, try telling that to the
"You need to move down," he said.
"B-bbut, we were just watching the sunset," I squeaked.
"I'm sorry, but we've had too many problems up here. You need to leave." He eyed me, then Joel, considering our car's placement and our intentions.
I tried my best to look innocent and upright, and averted his gaze.
Joel started the car, we righted our seats, and then we crept down from the deserted upper level. I looked in my side view mirror and saw the officer following us a large enough distance away that his car resembled a medium-sized toy. We found a reasonable garage level, parked, and watched as the officer circled around the floor. Eventually he left--but slowly, so as to ensure we were indeed getting out of the car.
We laughed and slinked into the mall, feeling like rebel teenagers, and experiencing a strange sense of sheepishness mixed with incredulity. Needless to say, we learned an important lesson:
Never try to be romantic in your car when there is the chance of a police officer stopping you.
Or, as Joel would put it:
Sentimentality is overrated.

7 comments:
I thought that this story was soooo funny, but Jeremy just kept saying, "too much information."
That's too funny. Did the policeman realize you were married?
To, to funny. Did you feel like you were back in High School? I would die if that happened to me.
That. Is. Halarious! You're MARRIED for goodness sakes! Whats wrong with a little spice?!?! Stinkin' cop. hehe
Another drawback of looking young for your ages, I guess. That is a pretty good story.
haaaa. that is great! your kids will love that story later too.
Hahaha.. that is SO funny! Geez.. shoulda pulled out your wedding rings, your pics of your two kids, and your temple recommend and told him to beat it! You finally got some together time!
Hahaha..the same thing happened to Ladd and I when we were dating.. the only difference was that we were past the "leaning in."
Post a Comment