Monday, March 23, 2009

Getting Well

Today is an interesting day. Everyone is sick but me! I think it is just a cold, but the kids are feverish and cranky, and Joel is feverish and lethargic.

I remember when I had strep throat growing up, that my mom would rent Anne of Green Gables and make me campbell's chicken and rice soup--per my request. I don't know why I liked it so much. Now I would definitely prefer homemade soup, or at least a better pre-made kind.

So, this morning I ran to the grocery store to pick up some gatorade, popsicles, and milk, and I stopped at the video rental store. I was going to pick up the Lion King, but the movies were in complete disarray because they were "renovating." After spending a while looking through all the movies, and only finding "Simba's Pride," I had to settle with "Brother Bear." None of us had ever seen it before, and it is kind of cute. Everett is captivated, anyway, which is the goal.

In a way it is kind of fun to play nursemaid to everyone. It is fun to think of special things to do to help them feel better, and it is nice to be needed.

But, I'm sure I won't be singing the same tune when bedtime rolls around!

4 comments:

Pour Les Enfants said...

Elise,
I hope it is not the measles. There is a measles epidemic here in Switzerland (notices about vacinations, extra- 28 cases reported last week). I always love the worst soup- Campbell's chicken noodle soup with extra noodles. I have a stash in my Food Storage, but I can only eat it when I am sick or desperate.
I hope you don't get sick. Drink lots of OJ and get plenty of sleep.

Natalie Sue said...

What a nice mommy and wife!

Natalie Sue said...

What a nice mommy and wife!

Alicia said...

Isn't it interesting that when there IS a few minutes of not being needed, we don't know WHAT THE HECK TO DO with ourselves?!?!